No Voice navigation
An Van Laer
2018-11-23 11:08:12 UTC
Hi

Yesterday i went for a walk with a group of persons. Of the 8 persons
which were using the OsmAnd app, we had 3 phones with problems with the
voice navigation.

Two of them had no voice navigation, although we dubbelchecked if Dutch was
set (and the phone wasn't muted). One of them had a English voice. Here
also Dutch was set.

How can we make sure that the app speaks Dutch?

Thanks in advance.
Majka
2018-11-23 11:58:49 UTC
Post by An Van Laer
Hi
Yesterday i went for a walk with a group of persons. Of the 8 persons
which were using the OsmAnd app, we had 3 phones with problems with the
voice navigation.
Two of them had no voice navigation, although we dubbelchecked if Dutch
was set (and the phone wasn't muted). One of them had a English voice.
Here also Dutch was set.
How can we make sure that the app speaks Dutch?
Thanks in advance.
There are two distinct modes of voice navigation - one using text-to-speech
and one using prepared voice hints. The first one depends not only on
downloaded the voice data (hint: check that these are downloaded, you can
find it in downloads, literally under the map data) but on the phone
text-to-speech. Meaning: if you set OsmAnd to use tts data, and the phone's
text-to-speech is missing the language, nothing comes out on the phone end.
In such case, use the prepared voice hints (sound files). You can download
this as well - again, check that you have all the files needed.
Additionally, you have to set the correct voice data in the "navigation
settings". But this is just the last step, not the only one.